Welcome to Each for All: The Co-operative Connection
Tonight’s show we will learn about The Co-operators insurance with:
- Lorri Farquharson Petrie, Associate District Manager
- Kawkab Jamal, Insurance/Financial Advisor
We’re going to start the show off with
Broken Social Scene’s Pacific Theme
- How does insurance work?
- Types of insurance.
- Quick history and landscape of insurance in Canada.
- Background of The Co-operators insurance “A company built on co-operative values”
- Who are the members? How many?
- What community does the co-op serve?
- Services offered by the co-op?
- How do new members join?
- How did the co-op come to form?
- Why was the co-op model chosen?
- What is the decision making process? Governance structure.
- What are the challenges in running the co-op?
- What impact has the co-op had?
- How do you see the co-op in the larger co-op context / movement?
- Can you share some success stories?
- What are the future goals of the co-op?
- Is there room for more than one co-op insurance company in Canada?
- What pearls of wisdom would you offer for others seeking to setup a co-op like yours?
This is Each for All on Vancouver Co-op Radio, CFRO FM 100.5, and coopradio.org on the web.
Next week my co-producer Dale is back with his second instalment of series on the town Nelson’s Co-operative Community.
Music included in show:
Pacific Theme – Broken Social Scene
High Risk Insurance – The Ramones
Each For All:
- Website: eachforall.coop
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: @eachforall
- In addition to questions you can send us email show ideas