Agricultural production cannot be disrupted mid-season, mid-process. Farmers are tied to their land and animals. So what happens to agricultural co-ops during war? Sofia Burtak and Iryna Volovyk, co-op developers with Ukraine’s Coop Academy, explain what is has been like on the ground. This interview was recorded on March 1 with Sara Vicari of aroundtheworld.coop.
These are heartbreaking stories to hear. “One day you wake up and its war. Real war.”
Canadian Co-operative Sector updates with John Kay
John Kay is president of the board for Co-ops and Mutuals of Canada (CMC), vice-chair of the British Columbia Co-operative Association (BCCA) and CEO, Realize Strategies Co-op. And a long time contributor on Each For All. John Kay sits down in the Vancouver Co-op Radio studio, with producer Robin Puga, to bring us the latest co-op sector updates from BCCA, CMC and internationally. Topics include:
- Ukraine and international co-operation
- BCCA hosting BC’s first Agriculture & Food Co-op Conference & Trade Show in Kamloops on March 24 & 25, 2022
- Day 2 of is focused on Big Data in Agriculture – Who owns and benefits from the big agriculture co-op’s data?
- BCCA / ACCA sharing of resources
- Co-op sector Government Relations provincially & federally
- CMC Convert to Co-ops program
- CMC’s National Congress – Calgary, AB from June 14-16 2022
Thanks for listening!