Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 1:00:01 — 92.3MB)
Agricultural production cannot be disrupted mid-season, mid-process. Farmers are tied to their land and animals. So what happens to agricultural co-ops during war? Sofia Burtak and Iryna Volovyk, co-op developers with Ukraine’s Coop Academy, explain what is has been like on the ground. This interview was recorded on March 1 with Sara Vicari of aroundtheworld.coop.
These are heartbreaking stories to hear. “One day you wake up and its war. Real war.”
If you would like to assist, please send messages of support to the Coop Academy on Facebook.
They also have a crowdfunding campaign to raise money for farm equipment. Thank you!
Canadian Co-operative Sector updates with John Kay
John Kay is president of the board for Co-ops and Mutuals of Canada (CMC), vice-chair of the British Columbia Co-operative Association (BCCA) and CEO, Realize Strategies Co-op. And a long time contributor on Each For All. John Kay sits down in the Vancouver Co-op Radio studio, with producer Robin Puga, to bring us the latest co-op sector updates from BCCA, CMC and internationally. Topics include:
- Ukraine and international co-operation
- BCCA hosting BC’s first Agriculture & Food Co-op Conference & Trade Show in Kamloops on March 24 & 25, 2022
- Day 2 of is focused on Big Data in Agriculture – Who owns and benefits from the big agriculture co-op’s data?
- BCCA / ACCA sharing of resources
- Co-op sector Government Relations provincially & federally
- CMC Convert to Co-ops program
- CMC’s National Congress – Calgary, AB from June 14-16 2022
Thanks for listening!
Leave A Comment